Seidman, Naomi, Ph.D.
Naomi Seidman is the Chancellor Jackman Professor of the Arts in the Department for the Study of Religion and the Centre for Diaspora and Transnational Studies at the University of Toronto. She was awarded a Guggenheim Fellowship in 2016, and a National Jewish Book Award in 2019. Her books include
• Faithful Renderings: Jewish—Christian Difference and the Politics of Translation
• The Marriage Plot: Or, How Jews Fell in Love with Love, and with Literature
• Sarah Schenirer and the Bais Yaakov Movement
• A Marriage Made in Heaven: The Sexual Politics of Hebrew and Yiddish,
• and a soon-to-be-published book about Freud and Yiddish.
She splits her time between Toronto, Ontario and Berkeley, California.