Your passion for Yiddish culture makes KlezCalifornia possible
Ways to Donate
- Donate Online. Use the form below. You do not need a PayPal account.
- Mail a check payable to KlezCalifornia, Inc., 6714 Gladys Ave, El Cerrito, CA 94530
- Donate from a Donor-Advised Fund at a foundation through DAF Direct.
Donate Using PayPal
To support one of our fiscally-sponsored projects (also tax-deductible) please select it below.
Because of your donations and enthusiastic participation, you may enjoy a warm, vibrant, Yiddish-inspired community in the San Francisco Bay Area. Please include your mailing address and email, so we may acknowledge your tax-deductible donation.
KlezCalifornia, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit corporation, EIN #55-0824193.
If your donation is to support a particular Fiscally-Sponsored Project, please click “Add special instructions to Seller” on the PayPal confirmation screen, and specify this. Donations for fiscally-sponsored projects are tax-deductible, but are not eligible for the special benefits described below, unless those projects offer their own benefits.
Whatever you’re able to give, a sheynem dank (our sincere thanks)! Please contact us with any questions at 415.789.7679 or email@example.com
Special Benefits for Donors
Tell others about your personal Yiddish heritage with a posting on our Honor Wall. We celebrate Yiddish culture in a participatory way, and would treasure knowing about your family experience with Yiddish. Your message of up to 100 words will be on the Honor Wall for one year.
Please submit your message by clicking “+ Add special instructions to Seller” on the donation form, including a note with your mailed check, or emailing separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A donation of any amount qualifies you to post on the Honor Wall, and your donation remains fully tax-deductible.
We will invite you and a guest for food, music and singing, and conversation with members of the Board of Directors and other friends of KlezCalifornia at two semi-annual parties, typically one in Oakland and one in Palo Alto.
“THANK YOU” GIFTS
With a donation to KlezCalifornia of $54 or more, you may also choose one of the gifts described below. The tax-deductible amount of your donation is reduced by the indicated retail value of the gift.
Please let us know which by clicking “+ Add special instructions to Seller” on the donation form, or email separately to email@example.com, or include a note with your mailed check. Supplies of each item are limited.
A “thank you” gift is available to anyone who donates a total of at least $54 within a three-month period and must be requested within three months of the first donation that is being counted. Someone whose total gifts within a three-month period are at least $108 may request two gifts.
(Sorry, but donations by businesses are not eligible for the “thank you” gifts below. Your tribute message may be included on the Honor Wall, see above.)
A creative re-imagining of pieces collected by Sofia Magid, the Jewish ethnographer who worked intensively to document Jewish music in Belarus and Ukraine during Stalin’s regime in the 1920s and 30s (retail price $15)
A creative re-imagining of the meeting of Jewish and Polish music based on Hasidic tunes, country dances, contemporary and 19th century ethnographic collections, and their own field research (retail price $15)
New pickled sounds of old world Jewish and Balkan flavors. With Mike Perlmutter on saxophones and clarinet (retail price $15)
Gerry Tenney and Betty Albert Schreck, with California Klezmer (including Joel Rubin on clarinet). Re-issue of this widely-acclaimed recording of Yiddish songs for kinder of all ages. (retail price $15)
- Face mask that says “Gevalt!” Stretchy two-layer mask, one adult size, adjustable ear bands, washable, with a pocket for a filter and one filter. Orange lettering on blue. The manufacturer donates to a charity one free disposable mask for each one we have purchased. (retail price $20)
- CD, Biserka by Zoyres Eastern European Wild Ferment. New pickled sounds of old world Jewish and Balkan flavors. With Mike Perlmutter on saxophones and clarinet (retail price $15)
- CD, Gerry Tenney and California Klezmer: A Retrospective. Thirty-five years of music from this classic West Coast band, including the authorized Yiddish version of A Hard Day’s Night, and perhaps the only clarinet and mandola duets ever recorded! (retail price $15) SORRY, NO LONGER AVAILABLE
- CD, Lomir Zingen A Yiddish Lid (Let’s Sing a Yiddish Song), Gerry Tenney and Betty Albert Schreck, with California Klezmer (including Joel Rubin on clarinet). Re-issue of this widely-acclaimed recording of Yiddish songs for kinder of all ages. (retail price $15)
- The Oy Way, by Santa Cruz author Harvey Gotliffe. This warm and wonderful 115-page book helps you learn Yiddish expressions while engaging in meditative exercise. See theoyway.com. (retail price $15)
Goldene Pave Society
Those who have included a bequest to KlezCalifornia in their wills are members of the Goldene Pave Society. The golden peacock is a traditional symbol of Jewish creativity.